I've recovered from my vacation, so it's time to hit the road again

At last, Friday cometh. I'm taking Short Stuff out of town for the weekend - we're going to a dog event about 2 1/2 hours away. I volunteer for Boxer Rescue and the rescue will have a booth at the event. Of course, A and I will be no help. We are just going down to supervise. (If any of my fellow rescue volunteers are reading this, I'm just kidding! Ha ha! Ha?) We are also picking up a new foster dog while we are there. I haven't been fostering as much since the kid was born, but we still take them as the need arises. For obvious reasons I can only take dogs that are known to be good with children. Fortunately, my favorite breed is known to be good with kids in general.

This particular dog is coming into rescue because his owners are moving to an apartment and Odin exceeds the allowable weight limit. He is three years old. If nothing else, I'm sure he will keep Gideon out of my hair for a while. Gideon is also three. My other dog, Karl, is nine and thinks Gideon should go F himself. I mean, Karl will play with him sometimes but mostly I think he just secretly plots Giddy's demise.

So anyway, I've got lots of packing to do tonight. I've booked an "economical" hotel (we're still kinda broke after the trip to Texas). All in all, I think it should be a fun weekend. Because I am a thinking-ahead kind of gal, I purchased a bottle of wine with a twist top (I'm pretty sure the EconoLodge does not stock their rooms with corkscrews). I'm going to go to Weight Watchers tomorrow morning and weigh in before we leave, for better or for worse. I've dropped most of the weight I gained while on vacation (yes, I am surprised, too). You know what I am craving lately? Keebler Fudge Sticks. I don't buy those because I cannot be trusted. I have even been known to hide them - how sad is that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

Three cheers for headgear!

On Being Patriotic