Winter Weekend

We didn't feel like it was quite cold or snowy enough where we live, so we drove two hours north to spend the weekend with some friends.  They have a cabin "up north."  So, we had one cabin containing four adults, three kids, and four dogs (two Boxers and two Boston Terriers).  Oh, and one bathroom. I thought it would be fun to kick off the weekend by getting my van stuck in a snow bank as soon as we arrived at the cabin Friday night. I need to put some monster truck tires on that bad boy for next time.

We had planned to go sledding and whatnot but the below-zero windchills mostly took care of that plan. The kids played outside for a bit but then came inside once they couldn't feel their cheeks anymore. We mostly stayed indoors and played games and ate. We also enjoyed some grown-up beverages while the kids played on their various gaming devices. On Saturday we found an old-school bowling alley "in town" and played a couple of games. It must have been the unrelenting winter weather that caused me to bowl two under-100 games.

All in all, it was a fun weekend. I'm just bummed that I didn't get a chance to wear the snow pants that I picked up for $3.99 at a thrift store. Damn.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

On Being Patriotic

Three cheers for headgear!