Visit with Meemaw

My mom flew in (from Oklahoma) for a visit last week.  She flew back last night, and now I must reprogram my child. The kid didn't have school on Thursday and Friday of last week, so she stayed home with her Meemaw. On Wednesday night, I got up to use the bathroom at around midnight and noticed that my child was not in her bed. She and my mom were partying in the living room. When I got home from work at 2:30 the next afternoon, the kid was still not dressed.  Also, she was fairly bratty while my mom was visiting. I guess kids know that you won't put the smackdown on them in any major way while their grandmother is sitting right there. 

Other than that, it was a nice visit. We went to a resort for one night (and went swimming and stuff), but mostly we just hung out at the house or at any of the local craft stores to which I drove my crafty mother (I sat in the parking lot outside Hobby Lobby twice and Michael's once). We attended a St. Patrick's Day parade by pure chance (we had lunch plans at a particular restaurant and happened to arrive just as the parade was rolling by).  Meemaw also came to church with us on Sunday. The kid was excited to light a candle of joy in honor of her grandma.

As for me, I've got the plague once again. My lungs are on fire.  I feel like I should have stock in Nyquil after the way this winter has gone.

A few photos pour vous:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

Three cheers for headgear!

On Being Patriotic