8 True Things - I've Been Tagged for a Meme

I've been tagged by Green Bay Vegan for my first meme. Is this like a chain letter? Will horrible bad luck befall me if I don't participate? What if I can't think of 8 things? What if I don't have 8 friends to tag? Actually I definitely don't know 8 bloggers that I can tag, so I suppose I will have to do a half-assed job at this and then wait for the swarm of locusts or whatever.

So here it goes:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Now the 8 true things.
  1. I can touch my tongue to my nose (without any involvement from my hands). And not just barely, either. Apparently I have a freakishly long tongue. In elementary school I used to perform this little parlor trick on demand until one day I did it in the mirror. The underside of one's tongue is . . . well, it ain't pretty.
  2. I have never had a cup of coffee or a beer. I have plenty of vices - just not those two.
  3. Because my daughter is adopted, I secretly worry that she will reject me one day, screaming, "You're not my mother!"
  4. I secretly (okay, publicly) think my daughter is the cutest, smartest, funniest, coolest kid who ever lived and I don't care who thinks I'm obnoxious for thinking that.
  5. After high school I only dated military guys. I did not date one single guy who was not in the military. I hit every branch of the service except the Navy (I even dated a Coast Guard guy briefly). My friend Kevin used to say that I entertained more troops than Bob Hope.
  6. I have a hard time caring about my health. I'm a vegetarian, but only for ethical reasons. I would eat brownies every day, for all three meals plus snacks, if I thought I could get away with it.
  7. The most listened-to songs on my iPod right now are Candy (Iggy Pop), It Takes Two (Rob Base), Come Anytime (Hoodoo Gurus), Jane Says (Jane's Addiction), and Stray (Aztec Camera). I don't know what this says about me, except perhaps that I am old.
  8. At night I still jump into my bed from across the room, just as I have done for the past 30+ years. I don't know what's under there, but I believe it must have very long arms.

As for tagging somebody, I am going to tag Vegetarian Mom. She is a grieving mom (who breaks my heart every day with her blog entries), but maybe she would enjoy playing this light-hearted game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

On Being Patriotic

Three cheers for headgear!