And the wiener is . . .


Drumroll please . . .

Okay, this was tough, mes amis. At first, I was a wee bit discouraged because I thought my blog visitors would be all, "Hey, a free thing! I pledge my undying allegiance to the Alabaster Mom blog!" and express some unbridled enthusiasm over the prospect of enjoying some garlicky Italian goodness. Instead, there were a lot of crickets chirping and shoulders shrugging and, "Meh. No thanks." Plus, it seems the many Buca di Beppo locations do not necessarily align with where people actually reside.

Nonetheless, it was tres amusante having lots of people stop by and leave me witty comments.

The top contenders were:

Elizabeth, because she came so very close to bringing a tear to my eye. I miss my Pop.

Lisa H, because she was so darned enthusiastic.

Lisa Y, because she succeeded in leaving me with a random fact that caused me to tilt my head like a dog. It also made me think of the way my husband pronounces ca-shew with the accent on the second syllable ("Ca-shew! Gesundheit!") I don't know what's wrong with him. He also gets in the shower and THEN turns on the water. Let's just say that the odds of me outliving him are very, very good.

Honorable mention goes to Carrie, because I can't believe she remembers a video I posted three years ago. And to Gary, for calling me names and insulting my family all in one fell swoop.

I decided to toss the three names into a hat. Wait, I'm lying. I tossed them into a dusty coffee cup that's been in my cubicle at work since Clinton was in office. I asked my trustworthy co-worker, Tiffany, to (randomly) choose a name out of the cup. Tiffany is too new on the job to do anything devious or underhanded. She even looked away as she pulled the name.

And the winner is . . . Lisa H, in all her glory.

Please post your email address in the comments so that I can retrieve it and then delete the comment (or email me directly if you have my email address). I will then contact you for your snail mail address.

Thanks, everyone, for playing! And thank you for all the nice compliments, even if I did solicit them. I'm all verklempt.

As you were, soldiers.

Comments

Lisa said…
yay me! thank you so much! honestly, we would not be able to afford to go out to dinner together for our anniversary and havne't in over three years so this was a huge blessing! thanks!
Lisa.Y. said…
well shoot. At least it went to a fellow Lisa ;) congrats!
Khudson33 said…
AHh my boss pronounces Cashew that way as well-- drives me crazy thankfull there's not too much use of the word Cash-ew at a Maritime Musuem! maybe i'll ask after lunch how she gets in the shower! Its alll most Friday....
Unknown said…
Congrats Lisa H! I hope you have a fabulous anniversary dinner!

I was happy to shamelessly try for the card and then watch the good comments come...go team.

I told G today about my almost win and he was happy I had written and let you in on our "spying on you and A"

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

Three cheers for headgear!

On Being Patriotic