The Sign

This sign has been vexing me for a few months now, so I finally had no choice but to take a picture of it (or pitcher, as one of my clients uttered about 50 times during a training session yesterday). The Creative Hair Design joint is right next to the Kindercare that my daughter attends, so I get to enjoy the sign every blessed day. I enjoy it almost as much as I enjoy the "WE RENT HARLEY'S" billboard that's been posted off the highway for several years now.

The lady who cuts my hair (at a different salon) is named Donna. Despite what you've seen me do to my hair on my own, she is a very talented woman. She has been cutting my hair for something like 12 years. Donna is a nice lady, but if I walked in and said, "Hey Donna, I'm here without an appointment. I'm, you know, a walk-in! You take those, right? Oh, and I'd like 25% off in return for inconveniencing the shit out of you like this."

If I did, in fact, have the chutzpah to utter those words to Donna, I would immediately need to a) get stitches for my open wounds and b) find a qualified orthopedic surgeon to reset my mangled limbs. Donna has one hairbrush that she occasionally uses on me to keep me in line. I wait until my scalp is all but bleeding and then meekly ask her if there is any way, if at all possible, if she wouldn't mind . . . not using the owie brush on my head. And that's on a good day, when I show up on time (as always) and pay full price.

I just don't understand the sign. Is this for the people who know full-well that their lane is ending (because there have been at least five signs to that effect) and wait until the last second to cut you off with no turn signal?* Why reward someone for their lack of planning with a hefty discount?

*The guy who does that is my dad. Sorry for calling you out like that, Pop.

Comments

KarenE said…
I'm more disturbed by the sign's picture. It looks like the poor woman is getting a lobotomy!
Anonymous said…
You know, the only time I ever went to that salon, it was to get my hair done for my wedding. I should have just walked in with my head piece and veil, and saved a bundle!
Anonymous said…
See, now I read it as "walk ins will get one quarter of their hair removed by the stylist"...so if you have long hair and wanted to make a drastic change, you'd better have an appointment....lol.

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

Three cheers for headgear!

On Being Patriotic