Rough Week

I had a bad, bad week last week. It was one of those weeks that changes your definition of "bad week."  I was over-scheduled at work, had an angry client on my hands, and couldn't seem to get anything done. I briefly contemplated the merits of having a good cry in my cubicle, but I think that sort of thing is frowned upon. I don't have a vacation until June, so I don't even have a "look forward to" sort of thing on the horizon. The only good news of late is that the weather has warmed up a bit. I've been walking the dogs more, although of course extra walking leaves me in agony with the &%$@ing Plantar Fasciitis. I'm thinking of looking into a double foot transplant. Oh, another bit of legitimately good news was that I found this at the grocery store:

Vegan ice cream!  Thank you, Ben & Jerry!  It's not something I plan to buy very often, because I can't really be trusted with chocolate in the house, but I can vouch for the goodness of this stuff.  I also made chocolate doughnuts over the weekend and took them to church on Sunday. Doughnuts are fairly labor-intensive, but it was fun to try something new.

It's too bad I didn't have a mouthful of chocolatey goodness on my way to work last Thursday. As one might expect, I drive the exact same route every day. I take the highway across town to the business park where I work.  I know the precise point at which the speed limit changes from 55 to 65. The long arm of the law knows it, too, because it is not unusual to see patrol cars sitting under the nearby overpass. So, I am generally pretty careful to watch my speed before I get to the 65 MPH sign. On Thursday morning, a huge pick-up truck came out of nowhere and attempted to drive up my tailpipe. I sped up a bit so that I could attempt to pass the car that was in the right lane (I was in the left lane) before moving over. However, I guess I wasn't fast enough or maybe this guy was in labor. He sped up and managed to get in front of me despite the presence of the car in the right lane. I had to hit my brakes. Instinctively, I gave the ol' one finger salute.  I figured a guy as important as he obviously was would not be looking in his rear view mirror to make sure the driver behind him was safe and sound. Wrong.  He moved to the right lane, slowed down, and then followed me all the way to the business park where I work.  I did start to get a little scared.  I couldn't really understand his point. He had been in such a hurry that he had to try to run me off the road, and now he had the time to follow me through the business park?  I wasn't sure if he was going to track me all the way to my office. I know he was definitely following me because when I looked in my rear view mirror, he shook his finger at me. Anyway, just when I started to get really worried, he peeled off and zoomed down a side street near my office; he didn't follow me all the way there.  What a psychopath. He's the world's most aggressive driver and somehow I am the one with the problem? Like he was going to teach me a lesson or something?

When I left church yesterday, I noticed that someone had keyed my car door pretty badly.  It does look like an on-purpose sort of thing.  It either happened while I was at church or while I was at Zootopia with my family the night before (great movie, by the way).  I think I'm just going to tell myself that it was a different jerk who keyed my car because it's a little too scary to think that Mr. Important is stalking me or something.

That's all the news for now.  Do try to see Zootopia if you haven't seen it. We really enjoyed it.  Now that I've seen a couple of movies while sitting in the "DreamLounger" recliners, I don't think I can ever sit in a regular old movie theater seat again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

Three cheers for headgear!

On Being Patriotic