Guess who I'm dating?

One of my all-time favorite comedians, Brian Regan, is coming to town next month. I've seen him live twice before. The second time, P and I drove through a blinding snowstorm to get to the show (going to the performance was my idea, as you may have gathered). The show was great, though. I have no problem with foul language but I have a real appreciation for Brian's ability to be so funny without using it.  (Yes, we're on a first name basis.)

Anyway, when I saw that Brian Regan is coming to town, the first thing I noticed was that the show is on a Thursday and my husband works Thursday nights. Crud. Then I wondered if I should try to find someone to go with me. I posted a little plea on Facebook but then deleted it almost immediately. I figured it would probably be too hard to find someone, coordinate the ticket purchase, etc.  I was resigned to the fact that I would miss the show.

And then I changed my mind. I decided to go by myself. I got online and put the ticket in the virtual shopping cart. And guess what?  Apparently, when you buy a single ticket, you stand a chance of getting a kick ass seat. Front row! I am so excited. Sure, I'll have to sit next to a stranger but maybe I'll just turn around and wave periodically to someone a few rows behind me. You know, give the illusion that I came with someone but somehow those jackasses in the ticket office sold us non-sequential seats. In different sections.

So, there you have it. I have a hot date with myself. I'll have to buy myself dinner but at least I know I won't pressure myself to put out. Hell, I'll even hold the door open for myself and tell myself how nice I look. If I play my cards right, maybe I will drive myself home, too.

I can't decide if I'm truly awesome for going to a show by myself or if I'm profoundly pathetic. Please, no need for you to weigh in on that. I'm fine with the wondering.

Comments

The Lovely One said…
I think you're AWESOME!

My BFF is on vacation in Iceland right now... by herself! She wanted to go, no one wanted to go with her, so off she went on her own. Now THAT is taking it to the next level!

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

On Being Patriotic

Three cheers for headgear!