A loaf of bread, a box of wine, and thou

Keeping it classy with a box o'wine. Apparently, I am meant to take it hiking with me.
We are leaving for a little trip so I'll be offline for a while. Don't rob us while we are gone. We have someone watching our house. Also, we have a very capable third-grader from our 'hood coming by to water my tomato plants and SHE MEANS BUSINESS, MISTER. We are looking forward to a quiet week, our annual cabin-by-the-lake trip. Well, quiet is sort of a relative term when you have a child who cannot stop talking, even when she is on the toilet. We're packing lots of books, board games, coloring books, and alcohol. I am even bringing my yoga mat in case I decide to run through a few sun salutations out on the deck (don't worry- nobody can see me out there).

A couple of random updates . . . 

We finished watching Season 1 of "Game of Thrones." We can't seem to find a way to get our hands on Season 2, as it's not yet available on Netflix and we don't have HBO. We've had HBO in the past but whenever we have a premium channel, the daily line-up always looks something like this:

5:00 p.m. St. Elmo's Fire
7:00 p.m  Lethal Weapon 3
9:00 p.m. From Justin to Kelly

Anyway, if you do happen to have HBO and want to invite us over for, say, ten nights in a row so that we can watch Season 2, just let me know. My eye candy (Khal Drogo) died at the end of Season 1 so I've lost some of my enthusiasm for the series, but I shall persevere. 

In other news, you may be wondering how the allowance situation is working out (I know you weren't wondering - just humor me here). The first week went fine. The kid received her five bucks and all was well. I mean, her dusting skills are nothing to write home about, but I wasn't nitpicking. She started to get a little bit surly about doing her chores in the second week, though. I reminded her to pick up dog poop and she started explaining to me how she doesn't like picking up the light brown piles because they are squishier and besides, the job is just SO gross.  So, I sent her to her room, picked up the poop myself, and deducted a dollar from her allowance.

That's all the news for now.  See you on the flipside!

Comments

Unknown said…
First time visiting your blog. I love it!

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

Three cheers for headgear!

On Being Patriotic