A Biter, Not a Lover


Our own personal Dracula

My kid bit another kid at daycare yesterday. This is her second biting incident. She is teething, but I can't really blame it on that. She has a short fuse, pure and simple. In general she is a happy kid, always smiling and laughing (and talking, God knows she talks). But apparently if you are a similar-sized kid and you cross her in some way, you'll have her incisors embedded in your flesh about two seconds later.

So now I need to apologize to a set of parents - again. And give my kid a lecture - again. And make her apologize to her friend - again. The first time it was a little girl that she bit, and that night all A heard from us was "you can't bite [friend's name]!" Now it occurs to me that maybe we forgot to say, "Don't bite anyone." This time she bit a little boy, a cute brown-eyed guy who even came to her birthday party this year. Normally she adores him and I had dreams of him becoming my son-in-law someday. But now I'm guessing he doesn't want a wife who gnaws on him.

I could tell that her daycare teacher felt badly about having to tell me that my adorable daughter is a biter. I'm really at a loss as to what I should do with her. If either of my readers has a suggestion, I'm all ears. I almost think that being the mom of a biter is worse than being the mom of a bitee. I hope this doesn't mean that I can expect to spend a lot of time perched on a chair in some principal's office in a few years, getting an earful about my little degenerate.

The other thing that happened at daycare yesterday is that A escaped from her pack-n-play during naptime. Apparently she landed squarely on her face. She now has a big scrape (accompanied by a bruise) that runs from her forehead to her right eye and across her nose. This morning I was checking her owie and she held up her hand and said, "DON'T SEE IT!" very dramatically. So, I will be buying her one of those ready beds this weekend. It's all sort of a moot point because she really does not nap much anymore. Naps are for non-biters, I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

On Being Patriotic

Three cheers for headgear!