Will wonders never cease?

After countless practice sessions involving many tears and a few minor injuries, Short Stuff can ride a bike. She cannot steer well and cannot properly apply the brakes, but she's riding. Hallelujah!  

For weeks I have been practicing with her off and on. I can handle bending over and I can handle running, but I can't handle running while bent over. There were days when I thought my spine would snap in half, but she would have a coronary event if I let go of the back of her bike. So, I held on and jogged along behind her, offering encouragement as we went.  We live on a cul-de-sac so it was easy enough to have her practice in the street. She would get frustrated a lot, though, so the neighbors had a front row seat for several meltdowns. I never got upset with her at all, but the kid has a low frustration tolerance.

Finally, the ability to balance kicked in and my baby was riding.

Her dad and I have been belting out "She's a bike rider" to the tune of "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar, but she is not amused.

She's a bike rider
Dream maker, love taker
Don't you mess around with her
She's a bike rider . . . 

Comments

radioactivegan said…
This calls for some of Freddie Mercury's finest!

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

Three cheers for headgear!

Senior Year: The Bittersweet Lasts