Down but not out

I apologize for the lack of posts lately. You know how I hate to disappoint my reader! I have started several blog entries but have completed none. I try not to get too "TMI" with my blog, but I've been struggling with a lot of stress and anxiety lately. I am looking into ways to manage my stress and anxiety that don't involve food and alcohol. If you've got any tips for me, please pass them along! Natural supplements? Meditation?  I've been thinking of delving into meditation a bit, as I've never felt like I really KNOW how to meditate. I think I get somewhat close during savasana at yoga class, but I struggle to clear my mind. We sometimes have silent meditation at church and I always think of a bit from comedian Jim Gaffigan, who talks about being in prayer at church but admits that he's actually thinking, "Hey, did I eat at Wendy's TWICE yesterday?"

I had a really, truly, profoundly bad day on Tuesday and my daughter, sensing my stress and frustration, gave me a huge hug and said, "Maybe this will help, Mama."  And it did, at least for the moment. I'm so lucky to have this bright little constellation in my life.

Last night, I found this in my refrigerator and yes, it cheered me up! She looks like Mr. Heat Miser's jovial little sister or something. And yes, she is standing inside the refrigerator, sucking on a lemonade and reading about Junie B. Jones.



Comments

Sam said…
I struggle with anxiety too. I had very bad postpartum anxiety after my kids were born. During that period of time I got a prescription for xanax and it saved me. I like it because you can just take it as needed and if you really need it, all it does is make you feel normal. It doesn't make you high or loopy or anything.

I no longer take it, but I go to therapy and do a specific kind called EMDR. It sounds kind of hokey, but it really works for me.
You can look it up to learn about it. I really recommend it for anxiety.

I'm extremely sympathetic because I know how awful anxiety is. I hope you can find something to help. I really do recommend xanax or something like that while it's acute. It's so amazing to have something you can take to get rid of the spinning thoughts and panic. Good luck.

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

Three cheers for headgear!

On Being Patriotic