2012 Music

Here it is, the annual post that no one likes but which I insist on writing anyway. I get really excited about new music. I particularly like the Pitchfork app on Spotify, which really helps me weed through the gazillion albums that are released each month.  I also subscribe to several music podcasts.  At this point I've let all of my magazine subscriptions lapse - except Rolling Stone. I finally came to the realization that I wasn't that interested in fashion or make-up tips. Just music.

My favorite songs released in 2012 (according to the play count on my iPod):
  1. Teenage Icon - The Vaccines
  2. Default - Django Django
  3. Fading Listening - Shiny Toy Guns
  4. Hot Knife - Fiona Apple (Every Single Night is up there, too)
  5. All of Me - Tanlines
  6. Doused - DIIV
  7. Would That Not Be Nice - Divine Fits
  8. Move in the Right Direction - Gossip
  9. Motion Sickness - Hot Chip
  10. Lonesome Dreams - Lord Huron
  11. Elephant - Tame Impala
  12. Babel - Mumford & Sons
  13. Guggenheim - The Ting Tings
  14. Electric Guest - This Head I Hold
Favorite guilty pleasure: I Love It by Icona Pop. It is hard not to be downright gleeful as you sing along. "I THREW YOUR SHIT INTO A BAG AND PUSHED IT DOWN THE STAIRS!" 

I only bought a few albums in their entirety this year. I did purchase Django Django's complete album and have listened to it over and over. I also purchased the Divine Fits album, which has also been in heavy rotation.

Thanks for humoring me. As you were, soldiers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

Three cheers for headgear!

On Being Patriotic