And you said it couldn't be done . . .

As you may recall, my daughter has had a recurring issue with her right ear. Fluid does not drain from it properly, it gets infected, and so on it goes. We took her to an ENT last year. The ENT surgically installed drainage tubes in my daughter's ear drums. By the end of 2011, the issues were back. The tubes had fallen out, despite the fact that she had worn ear plugs any time she was even vaguely close to water (as instructed by the ENT), and it looked like we were headed back to the operating room.

I asked around, did a little research, and decided to give chiropractic a try. So, my daughter has been receiving adjustments for the past few months. We also visited a health food/supplement store and got some advice there. We've been putting drops of garlic oil in A's right ear periodically. We've also made an attempt to reduce dairy in her diet.

Well, I am happy to report that after failing hearing tests in September, October, and January, today . . . SHE PASSED! I am extremely happy. And while I can't say with 100% certainty that the chiropractic adjustments are the reason the fluid drained and she passed the test, I have to think it was an important factor. Her pediatrician stated that both ears looked "perfect."

Today's hearing test was part of her seven-year check-up. I was curious to see how much she had grown. She didn't bother to grow much last year (the child just does not APPLY herself, I tell you) so I wasn't sure what to expect. Sure enough, she only added about 2 1/2 inches to her wee frame this year, clocking in at 44.5 inches. In case you wondered, she's in the fifth percentile. She's in the 25th percentile for weight. Her pediatrician showed me the chart from A's birth until now and even though she doesn't grow like a weed, she does grow at a steady rate.  He is not concerned.

She's healthy, and that's the most important thing. We don't need her to be a giant. We just need her to be tall enough to ride carnival rides without requiring an adult to ride with her. I was reading a Disney guidebook today and got dizzy today just reading about the teacup ride. Oy.

She's short, but she can kick some ass




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

On Being Patriotic

Three cheers for headgear!