Thanksgiving

I'm so full that I can barely find room for the vodka-cranberry that's sitting in front of me. Where there's a will, there's a way, though.

We had a quiet Thanksgiving with just the three of us. The kid and I took Grover to a Turkey Trot this morning. We signed up for the two-mile "Dog Jog." (They also had a five-mile run.) He pulled on his leash like some deranged Husky on the Iditarod, but I think it helped to wear him out a bit. Later, my husband took him out for a run. I think Grover laughs at our futile attempts to wear him out.

As far me, I cooked all day once I got home from having my arms pulled out of the sockets. I generally enjoy cooking, so I didn't mind. I got a little over-zealous with my menu, but I did manage to make everything on my list:
  • Tofurky
  • Mashed potatoes and gravy
  • Cashew mac & cheese
  • Green bean casserole
  • Cornbread dressing
  • Yeast rolls
  • Two different desserts

Everything was vegan, of course.  My husband is not vegan so I did pick up a few slices of turkey for him. The kid mostly just ate the rolls. She seemed to like the dressing at least somewhat. Her dad said "No electronics at the dinner table" so she watched a show on her iPad while playing a game on her phone. She's a good listener. He's a good disciplinarian.

I am going to do a little bit of Black Friday shopping in the morning. Gretchen is sick (pancreatitis) . . . to the tune of $236.00 and counting. So, I can't get too crazy.  I bought a newspaper so that I could check out the ads. I may order some stuff on Amazon, too. I emailed one of my nephews about a week ago to ask him what he wants for Christmas. He didn't respond, so I told my sister to tell him that he's getting socks and underwear since he didn't have a preference. 30 seconds later, I received an email: "I want a nerf gun."  Easy enough! If a boy needs to shoot his brothers at close range with a foam bullet, who am I to stand in the way?

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your people!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

On Being Patriotic

Three cheers for headgear!