The Good, The Bad, and The Whatever

See this knucklehead?  The one who's chewing on the lid of his toy box? He got kicked out of doggie fun camp yesterday.


Yep, kicked out. Or, more accurately, not allowed in. I had this big idea to start taking him to doggie daycare so that he can run around with other canines and wear his ass out. You see, now that it's dark when I get home from work, I'm much less inclined to walk him than I was during the summer months. Meanwhile, Grover's trotting around the house, scanning every surface for shit he can get into. He's started pushing open the garbage can lid and fishing out whatever he can find. He was pretty disappointed this morning when his big prize was an empty bag of frozen vegetables. Joke's on you, sucka!

Anyway, he's just a handful at this age so I thought it would be good idea to get his ya-ya's out. I mean, even if I could walk him at night, I'd have to walk him to clear to Israel before he'd be even a tiny bit worn out. So, I thought doggie fun camp was the answer. I made an appointment to bring him on Tuesday. I knew he had to pass a test first, and I was 100% confident he would pass. The test was an evaluation of how he would behave with other dogs.

My friend (who works at the joint) called me at work later that morning and told me that Grovie did not pass. He went after four other dogs. I know she really tried because she knows Grover and wanted to give him every chance. I guess it was just too many dogs for him. Honestly, I don't know what I could have done differently. I have taken him to classes since we brought him home as a pup (three rounds of training classes thus far), I have taken him to Petco to socialize him with strangers and dogs. I have taken him to the dog park, where I took great care to make sure that all of his dog-to-dog interactions there were positive. So, if he's a dick . . . it's on him.

I called my mom to tell her that her grandson got kicked out of doggie daycare. "Oh, can he go back?" she asked.

"Nope, he's done. Not welcome back."  So much shame he has brought upon our family!

In other news, the kid had her Aladdin audition on Monday. I left work early to drive her and one of her friends to the school. When it was my daughter's turn, I crept up to the closed door and leaned in. I wasn't sure if such a thing was obnoxious or what. I could hear my girl singing, though, and I think she rocked it! Callbacks are tomorrow and then I guess we'll find out who's in the cast sometime thereafter. A's friend also has a nice voice so I'm hoping both girls get in. I also have a Christmas surprise for my songbird. My bestie from New Jersey is sending me a guitar she's not using. I signed the kid up for guitar lessons starting in January. I just hope the first song she learns is not Hot Cross Buns. God knows I had more than enough of that when she was learning to play the recorder.

Last weekend, we went to a mother-daughter weekend with a friend and her daughter. It was so nice to get away and not have ANYTHING I had to do. I even colored in my grown-up coloring book. I did fit in one small errand, which was a consultation for a tattoo.  P thinks I've lost my mind and maybe I have. I think it's going to be amazeballs, though. I probably won't book the session until sometime after the first of the year. I'm not sure if this is one that can be done in one session. It might take a couple.

I think that's about all the news I have to share at the moment. I'm currently planning our Thanksgiving meal. I love digging through recipes and finding new stuff to make. It will be just the three of us for dinner, but if you're reading this, live nearby, and need a place to go, c'mon over. Needless to say, I won't be serving murdered things, so do keep that in mind if eating murdered things is important to you.

Finally, I want to say that while I've gotten over the shock of the election, it is not lost on me that many are devastated on levels that I can't ever know or experience.  After Trump won, I scanned my Facebook feed with a feeling of true dread. I have a few transgender friends. While it did seem like my friends were putting on a brave face, what struck me more is the fear I saw in the posts from their friends. I saw at least one mention of suicide. This shit is scary, people.

You know, I've never been able to decide which is worse: a bigot who hides it or a bigot who doesn't. I still can't decide. I think it probably preferable, though, if we all agree to foster an environment in which such creatures are fully aware that their viewpoint is not accepted by the majority. Now, it seems that they are emboldened, encouraged by the election of a man who spouts crap like, "Look at my African-American over here!" Oh, and let's not forget, "I love Hispanics!" (Because they make kick-ass taco bowls or whatever.)

Just remember: not everyone wants to "get over" the election. For those of you who think we should . . . you're not the boss of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

On Being Patriotic

Three cheers for headgear!