New Toy

My beloved got me a FitBit for my birthday. Specifically, it's the FitBit Charge HR. It's a wondrous thing. It told me that last night I woke up twice and was restless eight times. My husband looked at me like I was bonkers when I told him that but truly, I remember waking up twice and tossing/turning a lot. I'm a shitty sleeper. My body can't even be bothered to sleep and breathe correctly (thanks, asthma!)

I'm supposed to walk 10,000 steps a day. Yesterday I managed just over 5,000. And that was with a grocery shopping trip included. I can see how this will be a lot easier in the summertime when I can walk dogs and whatnot.

******************
I wrote that over a week ago. Today I hit 10,000 steps. Woo hoo! My reward? The FitBit vibrates for a half-second. Yeah, buddy! I have a desk job, so the goal is definitely a challenge. This morning, I got up early and hit the gym first thing. This evening, the kid and I took our foster dog for a longish walk. I hit 10,000 just as I arrived on my own front porch. I wish the extra steps I've accrued since then could roll over to tomorrow.

In addition to this momentous accomplishment, I had some other good stuff happen today. I got my first Vegan Cuts snack box that my middle sister ordered for me. It contains all sorts of goodies. I'm still on my 30-day challenge but the samples in the box are more along the lines of snacks and not sweets. There is some green tea in the box - maybe I should get adventurous and give that a try. After all, I ATE THAI FOOD LAST WEEK. Let's see, what else? I went to Weight Watchers and lost a whopping two pounds. This may be a direct result of the stomach flu I caught from my kid a few days before I left for DC. I was just glad I got it over with before flying out. You know how when you get sick, you no longer want to eat whatever you ate last before falling ill? Yeah, avocado is off my list for a while. Salsa and cherry tomatoes are also iffy. Anywho . . . I'm going to try to get to my meetings more regularly than I have been. I like the meetings, but sometimes I feel like they should be called, "5,000 Ways to Prepare Chicken." Seriously, it's the most chicken-eatingest group you've ever seen in your life.

This afternoon, I headed over to Kohl's to spend some Kohl's cash and a gift card. I ended up buying some new running shoes - a variety of ASICS recommended for plantar fasciitis. My kid and I are signed up for a 5K and a 10K in the spring so I really need to get this problem under control.  After my brief shopping excursion, I had an appointment with the artist who did my new tattoo.  She includes one touch-up session with every tattoo so I figured I'd let her decide if there was anything she wanted to touch up. Because of the color saturation in the tattoo, she did have a few spots she wanted to enhance. It was funny how fast my leg remembered the needle. I could picture my calf saying, "I thought we had an agreement!" It's definitely an interesting sensation. The first few passes with the needle are pretty painful. Then the body gets used to the pain, at least a little bit. Then, after a certain amount of time passes. the body starts to revolt. (Why aren't you stopping this???)  The touch-up session was only about an hour, which was bearable. I don't know if I'll get another tattoo any time soon. I would love to talk my sisters into getting some sort of sister-themed tattoo that all three of us could get, but I'm not sure how well that will go over.

Final bit of awesomeness for today: my friend Lisa sent me a note saying that she ordered a vegan cookbook I've been wanting. It's called Chocolate Covered Katie and as soon as my challenge is done, I'm going to make every chocolate-containing recipe in that book. Why did she order a cookbook for me? Well, she had a gift card burning a hole in her pocket and ordered it for me just because she's a nice person and she thinks I'm a nice person (shhhhh, what she doesn't know won't hurt her!)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get ready for another night of sub-par sleeping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

On Being Patriotic

Three cheers for headgear!