Pet Expo

The kid and I volunteered at a pet expo out of town on Saturday. I worked at the Boxer Rescue booth and she worked in the reptile education area. Once again, I was very proud of my daughter. She had a cold, but she did a great job educating the public about snakes and other reptiles (or at least all of the grown-up reptile people told me she was awesome).  She was also operating on five hours of sleep. She had a sleepover the night before and despite all of my warnings such as "You can have a friend over but you still have to get up early on Saturday" . .. they stayed up until 2 a.m.

By the end of her shift at the expo, her eyes were red and she looked a bit worse for wear. We went to a vegetarian/vegan place for dinner and it was all she could do to gnaw on a couple of tortilla chips (she had eaten a huge dill pickle at the expo). I was super excited to be at a place where I could eat almost everything on the menu, but I had to wolf down my food because Her Highness appeared as though she might lose consciousness at any minute.  So, we headed out. We checked into our hotel room, booked via Priceline. A was bummed that the hotel didn't have a pool. However, it turned out to be a fancy-schmancy Hilton, so that was nice.  I don't know that we would have had the energy to swim anyway. We holed up in our room for the rest of the night, eating snacks we had picked up earlier in the day.  And watching lame tween-y shows on Disney. The laugh tracks on those shows make me feel stabby. The things we do for our children, I tell  ya.

Anyway, we had a nice time at the expo and did our part to help the animals - those with fur and those without. I'm sure we'll repeat the scene next year but this time . . . no slumber party the night before!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

On Being Patriotic

Three cheers for headgear!