Christmas

I somehow failed to take many photos of our Christmas festivities this year.  Maybe we just aren't as cute as we used to be - I dunno.  On Christmas Eve, I had to work a half day. My husband and daughter were at home playing video games. On the way home, I stopped at the mall to buy my husband a new cell phone. My plan was to wrap it and wait until Christmas morning to give it to him. He uses his phone so seldom that I was pretty sure he wouldn't even notice that his old one was now dead.  I ended up giving him the new phone later that day, though. I mean to tell you, you have never seen anyone less enthusiastic about getting in iPhone. "Okay, thanks," he said, and set it on an end table. It's the iPhone 5C (and not the newest model) so it was cheap (the case I bought cost more than the phone).

The kid immediately piped up: "I'll take it if he doesn't want it!"

Later that evening, we went to church. I coordinated the service so I figured I'd better be there. I'm desperately under-qualified to lead a Christmas Eve service, but our church doesn't have a regular minister at this time. The service was pretty well attended and I got good feedback, so I hope I did okay. After church, we visited a house in town that has all kinds of crazy lights. We drive over there to check it out every year.

We didn't have a white Christmas this year, which was pretty unusual. Honestly, I'd rather have snow/ice/freezing temperatures than the mud in my backyard.

Christmas Day was pretty uneventful. We opened gifts and then headed to my sister-in-law's house for brunch. After brunch, we came back home and spent the afternoon playing games and finding spots for new stuff.  P got me a few things that were on my list: some new running/gym shoes, a watch, and a fancy Bluetooth speaker. The contents of my stocking lead me to think that I must be an alcoholic who likes to take baths.

As planned, we pulled the dollhouse out of the kid's room in order to make room for her sewing table and dress form. P has been hitting on the dress form and calling her his girlfriend. He's always dreamed of having a mate with no head, I think.

All in all, I'd say it was a good Christmas. Miss Thang had gift cards from  Jo-Ann Fabrics and Justice, so I drove her to both locations today. Her math skills sure are iffy. At Jo-Ann, she had a $20.00 gift card and spent $28.00.  At Justice, she had a $15 gift card and spent twice that. I'm adding the extra money to her tab.


That's a root beer next to her, for the record. My girls loves da root beer.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

Three cheers for headgear!

Senior Year: The Bittersweet Lasts