My new toys and other stuff

I've been super busy at work. Then when I come home each day, I have to take out my frustration and angst on my family.  So, it's been hard to find time to write. The stress is really taking a toll. Last night my daughter came up behind me and asked, "Mama?"

I sighed loudly. "Can you just ask your father?" I responded. "I've had a really bad day." I was pulling laundry out of the dryer.

She turned and started to walk away.  "I just wanted a hug," she said. 

Way to go, Claudia. Mother of the Year. Needless to say, I dropped the laundry and gave my child the best hug the world has ever known.

When I'm not making my family miserable or working, I've been playing with my new toys. Thanks to Amazon gift cards I received from my sisters and one of my sisters-in-law (for my birthday), I had enough moolah to buy a Kindle Fire (and Mr. "HOW MUCH DID THAT COST?!" did not even have to get involved). I love the darned thing.

My husband has a Kindle as well. Keep in mind that I've had mine for less than two weeks.

What I do with my Kindle Fire   
1.    Read (currently reading "The Book Thief")  
2.    Play Candy Crush Saga   
3.    Listen to the radio station I created on Pandora   
4.    Check my email   
5.    Cruise the interwebs   
6.    Watch movies and stuff on HBO-GO   
7.    Exchange text messages with my daughter    

What my other half does with his Kindle Fire:
1. Plays poker with strangers and cusses at them because they "just get so fucking lucky!"

I also got a new phone the other day. It's nothing fancy - it was pretty cheap. My Samsung Galaxy was 2 1/4 years old and was no longer charging properly. However, I got that bad boy for free at a Black Friday sale in 2011, so I felt like I got my money's worth. My new phone is also a Samsung - just a newer version. I haven't had time to sit down and customize all of the settings. It makes a lot of noises and I haven't yet figured out which noise means what. It whistles at me sometimes. This could be a signal that I've got a text or an email, or it could be that my phone is just a fucking pervert.

Anywho, that's all the news for now. Mr. Bates is getting adopted on Saturday. I have a seven-hour round-trip drive to take him to his new home. How come no one in my neighborhood ever applies to adopt a dog from me????


Comments

The Lovely One said…
Bug and I have kindle fires, too. Bug uses hers to play Angry Birds. I use mine to read (and play candy crush, of course!). I bought The Book Thief a month or two ago, but I can't get in to it. When does it get good?
Alabaster Mom said…
You know, everyone raved about that book so I thought I would give it a try. I haven't fully "gotten into it" myself. I should've just picked something smutty.

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

Three cheers for headgear!

On Being Patriotic