First Festibul of the Season


There's not much going on in our neck of the woods.  I did some spring cleaning today, even though we've still got snow everywhere (and will get more, no doubt). Yesterday I took the kid to an art festival. Within thirty minutes of our arrival, I was forced to carry the following:
  • Her sweater
  • A still-wet painting of a butterfly and a flower
  • A Chinese mask that she colored
  • A bag of kettle corn
  • A brownie
  • A bottle of water
  • A papier-mache rose
  • A monoprint (I think that was what it was called - she painted an image on glass and then it was transferred to a piece of wet paper and put through a press)
The only reason she didn't make me carry her coat was that I'd had the good sense to use the complimentary coat check.  She got to use a pottery wheel to make a bowl, and I have to pick that up in three weeks. 

In other news, I'm on Day 4 with no Diet Pepsi. I definitely notice my energy waning by mid-afternoon. I think I need to get rid of the leftover case of Pepsi in my refrigerator, because I have had just about enough of those cans mocking me.

I have to go. I've been invited to a tea party in the living room. Honestly, I don't even know if I have the energy to pretend to drink tea!

Comments

Steph K said…
You're such a good mom. There is always something exciting to do or see in your house. :)
Susie said…
Good for you--4 days without your "cokes", as we call them in OK, is great! Try taking some B-12to help with the energy issue. My meds wipe me out but the B-12 kind of helps, or at least makes me think it does!

You are the coolest mom I know--my kids would KILL for a mom like you!

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

Three cheers for headgear!

On Being Patriotic