It *IS* Friday, right?


He who has no sense


Here is the kind of week I had:


  • We decided to test Gideon, our Boxer, to see if he could be trusted out of his crate. We put up a baby gate to restrict his access. First day, fine. Second day, not so fine. I came home to see the custom blinds in my front window totally destroyed. I'm not even sure a grown man could bend them to that extent. The little moron starts more obedience classes next week. Oh, did I forget to add that he beheaded an Elmo toy while he was on his little rampage?

  • The kid asked me "why" for the first time. I think you'll agree that this is the beginning of the end (of my sanity). Up until now she has been content simply to disobey all orders and requests ("Would you please pick up your toys?" "No, Mama.") And now she needs to call into question their very merit by asking why? Oy.

  • My big black dog, Karl, is blowing his coat. I don't know what kind of dog he is, but he's double-coated. Double-coated breeds lose their undercoat periodically. Instead of losing the hairs one by one, he loses them seasonally, in big chunks. So, I have been picking up chunks of Karl all week and vacuuming like a madwoman. I brush him nightly and each night I walk away with a pile of fur big enough to make a whole other dog.

  • All week I've been eating as though the apocalypse is upon us. So no, I won't be going to Weight Watchers tomorrow. Instead, I will be going to the county fair to add insult to injury.

  • The kid finally figured out the doorknobs in our house. She was headed down the basement stairs when we caught up to her. So now we have to use those stupid doorknob covers. You know, the ones that grown-ups can't figure out either.

The good news is that I have two, yes two, unopened bottles of wine on my wine rack. And like I said, it IS Friday . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

On Being Patriotic

Three cheers for headgear!