My Fat(e)

Against my better judgement, I stepped on the scale on Monday morning. Not pretty, not pretty at all. I gained around 10 pounds while on vacation. 10 pounds = 3,500 calories, which means that I consumed 35,000 calories. And let me tell you, I burned precious few. The most strenuous thing I did was to walk to the refrigerator to refill my wine glass. Oh, and I may have grabbed a cookie or five while I was in there.

I really have no excuse for myself. I've been a member of Weight Watchers for a year and a half so it's not like I don't know how to eat the right amount of food in order to maintain my goal weight. I think sometimes I just get kind of pissy about the whole thing. Why didn't I get my middle sister's metabolism? She can give birth and leave the hospital in her regular jeans. Me, I had to drink Slim Fast for six months in order to fit into my wedding gown.

But enough of the pity party. As a Lifetime member I am required to weigh in once a month. I have a few weeks to lose this extra weight (I've lost a couple pounds already since Monday, so my weight was probably artificially high when I first stepped on the scale). It's sad, really, that I need to have a stranger weigh me in order to keep my weight under control but what can I say, it really does work.

So, was it worth it? It's hard to say. I wish I had indulged a little but exerted more self-control in general. I didn't need dessert with every meal, nor did I need 3,000 tortilla chips at the multiple Mexican restaurants we visited. My aunt made something called a Bishop's Pound Cake. She claims to be world famous for this but I tried Googling her and it appears she may be mistaken on this score. I also recall eating a brownie sundae that was bigger than my head.

And now, I must get back to my carrot sticks. Seeeeee ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Weeks

On Being Patriotic

Three cheers for headgear!